Humans of LBCC (Blog #2)


Who am I? How is College?
Abby Johnson. My passions in life is creating joy for others and music. The college life is interesting so far, I didn't think I would have so much work to do right off the bat. It's different than high school, but a good different. Due to the virus, all of my classes are online, which I don't mind as much as not being able to make friends. I think online is actually better than in person. However, I like interacting with people. 
How is my Family Dealing with Quarantine?
My family is handling the situation well. My dad is a nurse and takes care of covid-19 patients, so we have to be very cautious about social distancing and staying in-doors. Luckily no one in my family has been infected. 
What is my major? Do I Like LBCC?
I don't have an official major yet, but I am looking in to journalism. I like writing, I like politics, I like gathering information, and I want to travel the world. I have been at LBCC for almost a week. I like it so far; the professors are nice and the work keeps me busy. 
Why Did I Choose this Picture?
The picture I chose for this is a self portrait (or selfie) of me in my bedroom. It's an important setting to me because it has only been my room for a year. I have spent a lot of time in there over the past year, not only because of quarantine, but also because I am an introverted person. 
What Would I Want to be Famous for?
I think that if I were famous I would want to be famous for being in a band. I would really like to be the bass guitarist and back-up singer. I have always admired bass players, especially since I have a huge admiration for John Deacon, the bassist for the very famous band Queen.
Who is My Hero? Who is My Role Model?
My hero is also my role model. The actor Tim Curry has been a big inspiration to me. He once said, "I still find it quite easy to find my way into a child's imagination. We're all Peter Pan ourselves in some respects. Everybody should keep some grip on childhood, even as a grownup." I think that is something I will never forget.
Would I Wake Up Early to do Homework or Stay Up All Night?
I would more likely stay up all night on homework than save some for the morning because I take quite some time getting ready in the morning. I find it easier to stay awake than wake up early. The amount of time it takes me to get ready for the day would take up the whole time that I would give myself to work on the assignment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kids in the Neighborhood (free shot)

My Hometown: Newport

Environmental Portrait